My white 1995 Acura Integra GSR 5-speed
Check out my car blog at www.uberrides.com for all the latest car news.
This was my first fun car. My 2nd car overall. I used to drive a 1982 Honda Civic before this.
I greatly enjoyed driving my Integra, with its high revving engine, and smooth gear changing transmission.
However, the need for speed caught me quick. I needed substantially more power than any basic bolt-ons could offer.
So I decided to turbo charge it...
The Integra is fast. Turbocharged, it's really fast! But still, it's hard to get much low-end torque out
of a 1.8L engine. This is why after all these mods, my Supra is just a much faster
and sportier car. Nevertheless, it's fun modifying the Integra!
Currently, the Integra needs tuning. The fuel and ignition timings need to be adjusted to run efficiently. I've been doing
my own tuning for the time being, because every mechanic / tuner I've dealt with has been a disaster. They've
all screwed up my car in one way or another. Except for my good friends at Motorsport Techniques (510-783-8383).
They've always done good work for me, with an honest and excellent service. That's a rare combination in this business unfortunately.
- Turbonetics ceramic ball-barring T3/T4 hybrid turbo
- DRAG gen 2 FMIC (front mount intercooler)
- DRAG gen 2 exhaust manifold
- Turbonetics Deltagate wastegate
- HKS racing blow off valve (BOV)
- JE 9.0:1 compression pistons
- Crower rods
- 0.2mm over-bore block
- NuFormz block guard
- ARP head studs
- DPR stage VI headwork (for turbo application)
- DPR stainless steel valves
- DPR titanium ratainers
- DPR adjustable cam gears
- K&N air filter, with custum intake pipe (below fender)
- custom 3 inch downpipe (with flex joint)
- Random Technology 3 inch in/out cat
- Thermal R&D 3 inch exhaust
- MSD 6BTM ignition
- MSD 8.5mm wires spark plug (changed from Magnecore wires)
- over-bored throttle body
- RC Engineering 440cc injectors (changed from 310cc injectors)
- B&M Racing oil cooler
- Fluidyne aluminum radiator
transmission / differential
- Brembo brake kit:
- four-piston calipers and pads
- 13 inch cross-drilled rotors
- stainless steel braided brake lines